Feeling like it’s finally time to ask for help? Having trouble finding the right credit counselling agency? It is important to do your due diligence in researching to ensure that you find the credit counselor that will fit your needs.
Here are a few questions you can ask while deciding who to trust with your credit:
- Is the agency accredited by a national association?
- Are the credit counsellors at the agency required to be certified?
- Does the agency have good reviews and testimonials?
- Do they offer free counselling?
- Can they help you obtain a secured credit card?
- Do they provide community referrals?
- Do they offer free tools that could be helpful? (i.e budget calculator, budget tracker)
- Will they help you create a detailed budget for you? At no charge?
- Will they offer you a detailed financial assessment including income, expenses, assets, and debts?
- Are they a not-for-profit?